Pets Are Family Too! We Welcome Qualified Pets.
We know that your pets are beloved family members.
We are a community of friendly and cooperative pet owners. Our homes have pet breed, weight, and occupancy limits. Residents are responsible for pet behavior, cleanliness, and following the pet policies and procedures.
Prohibited Dog Breeds
- Alaskan Malamutes
- Bullmastiff or Mastiff
- German Shepard
- Presa Canario
- Pit Bull
- Siberian Husky
- Staffordshire terrier
- “Wolf Dog/ Wolf Hybrid”
- Bull Terrier
- Pit Bull Terrier
- Any combination of these or any dog with any of the above breeds, lineage or dispositions
Pay the refundable pet deposit
Pay monthly pet rent
Maximum household pet occupancy limits up to two: 1 dog, 1 dog and 1 cat, or 2 cats
Weight limit for dogs
- Garden style home 20 pounds maximum full grown weight
- Town home 50 pounds maximum full grown weight
No exotic pets that are a risk to neighbors
Present pets to the office staff before moving into the home
Show proper documentation for emotional support or service animals
Complete the Pet Addendum when adding a pet to your Lease
Essential Pet Rules at our Dayton Apartments
- On walks, pet owners must have a baggie “in hand” to clean up pet waste. Consequently, we assume no intent to clean up without a baggie “in hand”.
- Pets must be accompanied by a person outside of the home on a leash or in a carrier. Pets are not allowed in laundry facilities.
- Pet owners must pay all costs to repair pet damage. If repairs are not possible, full replacement cost is paid.
- Give pets adequate and regular veterinary care.
- Pets should not be left unattended for an unreasonable length of time.
- Keep pet food pans, sleeping, and feeding areas clean.
- Care for pet and home to prevent nuisance odors.
- Do not dump litter in plumbing fixtures. Pet owners pay repair costs from litter damage to plumbing fixtures.
- Noisy or aggressive pets bother neighbors and must immediately be calmed. Pets are banned from home for repeated violations.
- Abuse, abandonment, or neglect are “pet emergencies” where management intervenes if pet owner fails to act.
- Pet boarding costs are the sole responsibility of pet owners. Management places abandoned pets in shelters on owner’s behalf in lieu of boarding.
- Pet owners must reimburse Management/Owner for personal injury or property damage claims attributed to pet(s) in the home.
Suggested Pet Fees Incurred By Owners
Example Fee Schedule for non-compliance with Pet Policies and Rules:
- 1st Incident – $50.00
- 2nd Incident – $100.00
- 3rd Incident – $200.00 and pet(s) may be removed from the home within 30 days or Resident is in breach of Lease.